... just how much I love my alma mater? Can I? OK. (Not just because I know this blog is blasted out to the Charles Centre's Beyond the Basement ;))
I really do love William & Mary, and I really do love the fact that you can form such great lasting relationships with your professors. I regularly keep in touch with two favorites (plus a couple more on a broader scale), and they have been most helpful with my current endeavour of ... dun dun DUN: grad school applications.
:: insert dramatic music here ::
These past couple of weeks have been a rather emotional roller coaster of where in the world I want to go to graduate school, what exactly it is I want to do with my life, how am I going to sell all my stuff in my apartment since I can't apparently have the lease passed on to a local friend of mine since my silly landlord wants to keep the apartment for his personal use, figuring out my travel plans for getting back home by way of a month sojourn in Europe, figuring out a budget for Europe that won't leave me too broke so I can't re-start paying off my student loans, as well as what I need to buy from the souq as gifts and getting in contact with a slew of people here to let them know that yes, I'm leaving in two and a half weeks. Yeah, I know. I don't know I made it without pulling out my hair either.
Thank goodness for picnic dinners on the beach. Alhamdulillah for that. There is definitely something about the beach atmosphere that really does clear one's mind of anxieties and stresses. And being with the people who've been there since day 1 (actually, since day 2). Amazing how our Fulbright family worked out. And alhamdulillah for an awesome positive uplifting short little email from favorite professor no. 1 (actually, I can't really rank them, that's just wrong!).
So yes, one more thing in my life is just a little more certain, but as favorite professor no. 1 once said: 'the opposite of faith is certainty.'
No comments:
Post a Comment