Read story on Times of Oman here
I have been in such a woman's world during my time in Oman, not just because of my research but also because all of my fellow Fulbrighters (save one) are female. I've actually been very grateful at the separation of sexes (but seemingly and supposed equality they share ...); women's lines at banks and grocery stores are usually shorter (though you will find the occasional random man in a woman's line, who sometimes get scolded) and I feel more comfortable in the "family sections" of restaurants away from leering eyes of the shabab (young males). I'm totally going to visit this new cafe at the Muscat OWA, not only to say that I've visited the OWA more than twice in my time here but to also hopefully garner some information that will be useful as my grant time draws to a close.
No comments:
Post a Comment