Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spain

Granada
21-23 October, 2008


Barcelona
24-28 October 2008


Highlights:
- Al-Hambra: must-see for Granada tourists, the epitome of Muslim architecture and culture in Moorish Spain. Breathtaking, photos will not do the wonder and awe of the place. And I went on the only rainy day I had in Spain.
- Andalucian air: one day I will return. Felt so much of the familiar walking through the winding streets of Granada's Muslim quarter, Albaycin.
- Staying with fellow Fulbrighter Laura in Granada with her Moroccan boyfriend and boisterous dog. A party for my ears and mouth, with the music that surrounds their lives and the flavor infused in their home cooked cuisine. 
- The Spanish public transport system between cities. Particularly trains. Thank goodness I got a full refund from Renfe after my overnight train from Granada to Barcelona arrived at the station 5 hours behind schedule, after our train stopped at an unknown village, we waited 3 hours and then were bussed to Barcelona.
- Paella! Best paella had on my last night in Barcelona.

No comments: