Monday, January 07, 2008

a little drop of rain

I think it rained last night. As I was driving home from salsa lessons, I thought I saw a flash of lightning burst over the Gulf of Oman, but I dismissed it, thinking my not-so-sharp eyes were once again fooling me and all I saw was a camera's flash. Then at about 2 am, I was awoken by the sounds of pattering and pittering on my window and air conditioning unit and thought it was some night creature trying to make his way into my A/C and ultimately, death. I bolted straight up, quickly trying to formulate a plan if my imaginations of that creature did come true, put on my glass and saw water droplets on my bedroom window.

It *was* rain. How funny.

I awoke 7 hours later (now that I don't have classes, I feel like I'm still on "vacation schedule" ... must remedy this. Or not.), to find once again bright sunny blue skies. As if the early morning's rain was just my imagination.

1 comment:

TinyLittleOwl said...

...running away with me. It was just my imagination running away with me...