Or, Oman is HOT. It's that time of year when you don't need a water heater to have a hot shower because the sun warms up the water tank on the roof.
Well, here I am. Back in Muscat. A little surreal, but a bit comforting. Things seem so familiar, so comfortable, and it's good to be staying with old friends. I forget that I've been away for almost two years, except all the new development and buildings popping up along Sultan Qaboos Highway remind me that 2010 Muscat is not the same as 2008 Muscat.
My circumstances are different. I'm here for only 2 weeks instead of 13 months, I am sans car and mobile (at the moment), and I am looking at the same thing with different eyes. Eyes with a direction, not just observing and musing, but this time commenting, questioning and digger deeper than the first time. Or at least, as deep as one can dig in the short time I'm here ...
And undoubtedly, my Arabic skills have decreased markedly since I've been here. Something I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, really!
In due time, though, I'm sure words will come flooding back to me in no time. However, at this time, jet lag is catching up with me, and I'm debating on whether or not to crash on the couch for a small nap or head straight to pounding out my last TASA essay ...
(I think I hear the couch calling my name ... :))
No comments:
Post a Comment