Sunday, May 25, 2008

And then there were two ...

Early Friday morning, half of our Fulbright family left for their home in Kansas, by way of Seoul. Sad! It definitely feels weird to know that Amelia, Anthony and Meredith are thousands of miles away instead of a ten-minute drive away. But it has been a lot of fun these past 9 months; I don't think I could have survived without them! You know, with housing me, Liyam and Marcus for the first 7 weeks of our stay here. They will be sorely missed in our last 4 blistering hot months here (including one of Ramadan ... dun dun DUN), but it's good to know that there's someone in Kansas I can visit!


But all is not lost ... Fulbrighters have recently been evacuated from Yemen, and some of them are coming here to Oman (inshallah, after they have appropriate ministry and embassy approvals). And we'll be here to welcome the new 2008-2009 Fulbrighters before our departure, so the community of support will still continue. 


No comments: