Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Random Muscat sightings

Yesterday, in the Lulu's parking lot: a young girl (high school age, at most), wearing the traditional abaya and white shayla ... her abaya was open in the front, and I could sneak a peak at a "classic American style": tshirt, jeans and CHUCK TAYLORS. I smiled, thinking, "awesome." And drove away.

Currently, in Second Cup coffee shop, at the table across from me, two Omani men, supposedly having a coffee today, completely immersed in their own individual conversations on their respective GSMs. Man No. 1 has just spilled some frappaccino on his starch-white dishdasha. Oh horrors. Alas, they have stopped talking on their GSMs and have resumed normal conversation with each other ... I wondered how long that would last.

1 comment:

Mahalita said...

Asia! I don't know if I'm looking at your private blog or not, I'll mess with that link later b.c it's giving me issues. Your trip sounds amazing even when you're just sitting around talking =) Is the best way to contact u thru your blog or thru email or where?

I finally got your postcard! Like a week n a half ago. Hope ure doin well merry xmas =)~Hil